Procedure for booking Hostel Accommodation at IIT Bombay for attending Written Test and /or Interview
PORTAL WILL BE OPENED BETWEEN NOVEMBER 26, 2018 TO DECEMBER 6, 2018 (FOR PMRF PROGRAMME)
- Candidates will only be accommodated for the minimum period required for them to attend all the interviews / written tests that they are called for. They may plan their arrival at IIT Bombay ONE DAY prior to the date of Interview and their departure ON THE SAME DAY of interview or ONE DAY after the interview.
- Accommodation is shared, furnished hostel rooms will be provided to candidates, subject to availability.
- We will NOT accommodate any accompanying person for male candidates. Amount paid for accompanying persons by male candidates cannot be refunded.
- One accompanying person per female candidate can be accommodated
- Accommodation will be available only to those who book it prior to arrival. On the spot booking is not available.
- The portal will be disabled in between the mentioned dates if the number of applications for accommodation exceeds the limit of IIT Bombay.
- Candidates who want to avail of hostel accommodation during the written test and/or interview should do the following:
- Pay the NON-REFUNDABLE room rent of Rs. 300/- per head per day (24 hours of stay or part thereof), for the required number of days to the following Account.
|Name of the A/C
||Students Emergency Need Fund
|Savings Bank Account No.
|| 2724 1010 83799
|Name of the Bank
||Canara Bank, IIT Powai Branch
For example, if the arrival is on 15th November, 2018 and departure is on 20th November, 2018 then
1. The number of days to be charged = 6
2. Room Rent = Rs. 1800 (Rs. 300 x 6)
Total amount to be paid = Rs. 1800/- per head.
Please ensure to note your transaction id. /UTR No./RPN No. (UTR No. If payment is done by NEFT/RTGS. RPN number if IMPS payment is done) in case of online transaction. In case of Payment in cash, across the counter in any bank, please ensure to preserve the original pay-in-slip with your name written on the same. Please also take a copy of online bank statement reflecting the transfer and submit to the Hall Manager of respective hostel COMPULSORY.
You will be required to submit both the above documents at the time of reporting in IITB.
We will neither be able to accommodate requests made after November 24, 2018 date, nor will be able to refund Rent paid, if any, after this date.
You will receive the final confirmation e-mail message around 7th - 9th December,2018. Please carry a printed copy of this message when you come to IITB.
You may transfer the amount using the following modes:
- By visiting nearest branch of Canara Bank and using pay-in-slip.
- By online transfer using internet banking/NEFT.
Please contact your bank regarding details of how to transfer the amount, if you require. We are not in a position to respond queries related to this.
Please plan to reach the institute between 9.30 AM to 5.30 PM. Hostel staff will not be available beyond these hours.
We regret that we cannot entertain requests for refund of rent paid for the incomplete/incorrect/duplicate applications or candidates who pay the charges extra, inadvertently OR pays the charges but do not appear for the interview.
In case of any further query, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Hostel Accommodation during Written Test/Interview" OR call 022 2576 8900.